Civil Rights Defenders was founded as the Swedish Helsinki Committee for Human Rights in 1982 with the purpose of monitoring compliance with the human rights provisions of the Helsinki Final Act. We partner with and support human rights defenders who work in some of the world’s most repressive regions in more than 300 organisations in 50 countries on four continents. Through advocacy, litigation, and public campaigns, we advance people’s rights globally. We also act as Sweden’s watchdog civil rights group.
We are in an expansion phase, which has opened many interesting job opportunities. Civil Rights Defenders is a politically and religiously independent international human rights organisation. Together with our partners, we hold those in power accountable when people’s civil or political rights are violated. Civil Rights Defenders has around 100 staff members working in various functions towards our vision – a world of democratic societies in which we all enjoy our civil and political rights. Our headquarter is located in Stockholm, and we have eight branch offices around the world. Learn more about our work at crd.org.
About the role
Civil Rights Defenders are now looking for two controllers/project controllers to join the team and work in an international environment with colleagues all over the world. As a controller you will be responsible for producing thorough financial-status reports to help improve Civil Right Defenders operational efficiency and enhance continued growth. You will be part of the financial department.
- Establish budget and financial forecasts
- Prepare financial reports
- Responsibility for projects
- Maintains contact with internal and external stakeholders and manage financial reporting to international donors
- Guide financial decisions by establishing financial policies and processes
- Develop, improve, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Achieve budgeting goals by scheduling, analysis, and proactive actions
- Maximize return and limit risk
- Improve short- and long-term operational strategies
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- Relevant experience within accounting or controlling
- Strong team player with the ability to prioritize workload in fast working pace
- Positive attitude towards tasks, colleagues, and partners and always tend to support and care for others and show a willingness to deliver solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Systematic and methodical way of working
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experience of working in advanced accounting systems
- Requires strong writing and speaking skills in English and Swedish and skills in additional language are qualifying
About the employment
This is a full-time permanent employment with 6 months probationary employment, starting in May 2022 or as soon as possible. As an organisation, we strive for diversity, and we see your background, experience and personality as a contribution to the organisation. You will be based in our headquarters in Stockholm.
This recruitment is in collaboration with Vindex AB. Are you the one we are looking for? Please apply by sending your resume to responsible recruiter Jozephine-Pilgrim Gimling (via 070-985 39 63 or [email protected]) or apply via the ad. We recruit on an ongoing basis and look forward to receiving your application!